Express Gratitude 🙏
Radon-a naturally occurring radioactive gas produced by the breakdown of the uranium in soil, rocks, and water-is present in all houses. Left unmitigated, high levels of radon can present significant health risks, so testing is an important element of responsible home ownership.
Long-term testing, advocated by Health Canada, provides the most accurate measure of indoor radon. It is inexpensive and can be accomplished by the homeowner.
Modifying a house to lower radon levels is relatively inexpensive, with costs being comparable to other home maintenance expenses, and there are a variety of options available. A qualified radon specialist can help homeowners make an informed decision.