According to Heather R. Huhman of Forbes, becoming aware of
the following generalizations may help you more effectively
communicate at work:
- Women talk about other people. Men talk about tangible things
like business, sports, food and drinks.
- Women ask questions to gain an understanding. Men talk to give
information rather than asking questions.
- Women are more likely to talk to other women when a problem or
conflict arises. Men are often known for dealing with problems or
- Women focus on feelings, senses and meaning. They rely on their
intuition to find answers. Men focus on facts, reason and logic.
They find answers by analyzing and figuring things out.
- A disagreement between women affects many aspects of their
relationship and may take a long time to resolve. Men can argue or
disagree and then move on quickly from the conflict.
Please keep in mind that these are generalizations, and do
not necessarily apply to every individual.