Causes Of Elbow Pain
If you've been experiencing pain in your elbow, it may be due to one of the following causes.
- Bursitis: This can be caused by an injury or repetitive motion. It can occur when the fluid-filled sacs called bursae that protect the nearby tendons become irritated and swollen, causing pain and limited movement. Rest, ice packs and anti-inflammatory medications can help reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Fracture: A fracture is a break in a bone that causes swelling, bruising, stiffness, and deformity of the affected limb. Treatment generally involves immobilization with a splint or cast until healing occurs.
- Trigger finger: Caused by a buildup of fluid around the tendon that squeezes and sticks in the flexor tendon sheath of a finger. Generally, this problem can be treated conservatively with rest, anti-inflammatory medications and stretching exercises, or splinting until symptoms subside.
- Wrist sprain: A wrist sprain is an injury caused to ligaments in the wrist. Wrist sprain symptoms include pain, swelling, and tenderness. This condition can be treated in a variety of ways. Depending on the extent of the injury, your doctor might recommend rest, ice and motion exercises, splinting, or surgery to help you heal.
- Elbow sprain: An elbow sprain is an injury to one of the muscles or tendons that support the elbow joint. Symptoms include pain and tenderness and a limited range of motion in your joint.
- Tennis elbow: A tennis elbow is caused by overuse and repetitive use of a certain arm muscle leading to inflammation and swelling in the tendon sheath.
We have a nice facility where we offer patients with elbow injuries a plan to help them heal from their condition. At QC Kinetix (Coral Gables), our regenerative treatment plan is one of the best plans to use to treat elbow pain.
At QC Kinetix (Coral Gables), we are committed to helping you regain full mobility after an injury. Our regenerative treatment plan uses state-of-the-art technology and the best procedures to treat your elbow pain and avoid surgery.
QC Kinetix (Coral Gables)
Address: 3850 Bird Road, Suite 701, Miami, FL, 33146
Phone: (305) 381-9000
Topics of interest